After The Collapse 0.5.4: Sewers, Usability and Fixes
As we're gearing up for more content centric updates, this patch's main goal was to clear most of the remaining bugs and annoyances, improve usability and finish our sewer procedural generator.
The sewer generator is fully usable now. It's a slightly more dangerous area than the caverns (with default settings) as it's harder to find areas that are safe from roaming creatures. On the other hand, you'll find plenty of metal and stones inside. Note that the impassible water tiles can be covered by floor tiles.
After making a base dedicated to booze production, I noticed that large amount of booze production facilities would interfere with the cooking jobs (as it's the same activity), as such, I added the Brewing skill for everything booze related. Also, I added the ability to copy/paste queues from stations to other (similar) stations.
Additionally, I added a much needed keyboard shortcut (M by default, rebindable) to select all military ready units when you're in alert mode. Several menus and tool-tips also got minor tweaks, a right click when no menu is open will also trigger to content tool-tip (disassembling content and cargo info have been separated for player owned stuff as you can see in the screenshot).
Last but not least, unharmed settlers get a small passive healing buff while sleeping and power generators will send "do it now" jobs when they are about to run out of fuel.
Performances & Fixes
I increased performances during large mining and wall building/disassembling operations. This is especially noticeable on very large maps (and yes, more performance fixes will come for large maps).
And finally there's a bunch of bug fixes, most notably a rare & random crash when multithreading is enabled, several cases where creatures would get stuck into a wall when saving & loading a save-game, and the game not warning you when a trait morph into something else (like a laceration getting infected).
Notes about savegames
This is save compatible with the previous version, but some of the changes will only apply to newly built crafting stations. Additionally, and if and only if you're loading an old save-game, the brewing job is disabled by default on all of your settlers. Beside that, you should be good to go.
- AI: Power generators will send "high priority" resupply orders when critically low on fuel
- Content: People who are neither ill or wounded get a (very slow) passive heal effect while sleeping
- Content: Brewing job has been added for everything alcohol related (as a base dedicated to alcohol production/trading was difficult to maintain without it)
- Content: Sewers' dark zones are now made of cavern-type walls instead of more concrete/cement walls
- Content: Completed the sewer generator
- Engine: Massively reduced CPU spikes during large mining or wall building operations
- Engine: Made the multithreading system a bit more robust (should help prevent and, more importantly, catch rare crashes)
- Engine: Reduced CPU cost of the user interface
- UI: Right click on something when no menu is open also triggers the content tooltip (so you don't have to show the menu to quickly browse one of your containers)
- UI: Separated cargo and disassembling info in the tooltip for player owned buildings + UI: Removed inventory tab from crafting stations' menu (as it's now handled by the tooltip and was rarely useful)
- UI: Removed inventory tab from research station and increased the list's length
- UI: You can copy/paste similar crafting stations' queued orders from one to the other
- UI: Replaced generic "got trait" message by "is wounded" or "got sick" when survivors get sick/wounded + UI: Added "Select All Military Units" keyboard shortcut in military mode (M by default)
- UI: Added settings for sewer generator and removed warning
- UI: You no longer need to scroll in the exploration's planner dropdown to select the "find survivor" focus
- Fixed: Settlers not picking up some of the stuff dropped on the ground + Fixed: Another case where a settler would get stuck into a wall or other construction
- Fixed: Enabling Alert Mode could cause military units to attack the last targeted object (bed they are sleeping in, patients being fixed by doctors, that fun stuff)
- Fixed: People would occasionally try to pickup items dropped in areas they don't have access to
- Fixed: Animals & raiders could get stuck into terrain after saving/loading a game
- Fixed: Cave digging improperly set as "disassembling" instead of "mining"
- Fixed: Game doesn't warn when a wound or sickness morph into something else (laceration to infection for instance)
- Fixed: Missing shroom recipe in electric kitchen
- Fixed: The game was allowing multiple research and exploration stations
- Fixed: Disassembling "smoke" animation always displayed in the current layer even when happening in the other one
- Fixed: Loot setting in "new game" menu was inverted (regression bug 0.5.3)
- Fixed: Another rare multithreading-related crash
- Fixed: Sewer generator would always have the same layout
- Fixed: More missing french translation strings
Get After the Collapse
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.